Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thirteen Minutes of Moonset



Thirteen Minutes of Moonset

It's a mirror which reflects
the difference between wrong and right
A carbon monoxide
detector that saved my kid's life
A pendant with my name engraved
which my beloved holds on tight

A fast spinning yo-yo which turns white
A birthday cake with chocolate inside
A roundabout loop to circle my bike
It's a roll of thread to fly my kite
It's a wheel of provolone cheese
It's my motorcycle's headlight
It's a bowling ball that always gives me a strike
It's a flying saucer which turns into a floatation device
A giant bucket to paint everyone bright
A marble, a jewel, a pearl,
A frisbee my dog loves to bite

A peeled radish, an onion, a coconut,
A lychee without parasites
I dropped it and it broke
Into a thousand whipped cream pies



by Fazeel Azeez Chauhan
9-21-02

No comments:

Post a Comment