Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2017

I am chapta I am kalla, Part 1 (to the desi when he hates)


I am chapta I am kalla, Part 1
 

                (to the desi when he hates)



I don’t co-sign the bullshit when you use racist names like kalla and chapta
When you spread hate, I will hold you accountable, I am a chapta

My mother was a war refugee from Jammu (Kashmir)
Like the victims from Vietnam, I am a chapta

Like Bruce Lee and the teachers who taught me about Chi,
And how to unleash the life force using Qi Gong and Reiki, I am a chapta

You can’t lie that in America, most of what we consume is made in China
You are what you eat, I am a chapta

The Cambodians in America say the eyes of my guru
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, look Asian, he is me, I am a chapta

To honor my boss who was my friend at work and died young
Like his beautiful children, I am a chapta

Like the Malaysian, Uighur and Indonesian Muslims
Praying to your God, I am a chapta

My last name is not Khan, like half of Pakistan
Still, my family DNA has slanted eyes, I am a chapta

Like Buddhists who practice meditation,
Non-violence and compassion, I am a chapta




(by Fazeel Azeez Chauhan,  5-15-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment